Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Round of 36: Group 3

Von Smith – This guy is pretty goofy looking on stage. I think he picks terrible songs every time he’s up too. I have no interest in this dork advancing.

Taylor Vaifanua – She is singing pretty good to start, but she has happy feet. She needs to stand still! She’s not bad, but Alicia Keys is a tough one to bite off. She didn’t do it as good, so we can’t do anything but compare her to Alicia, and she didn’t stand up to her. Good job, not great.

Alex Wagner-Trugman – He’s really nervous! He’s admittedly a dork, but a likeable one. Like me! I’m not really sure what this screeching is that he’s doing. It’s pretty corny. I’m laughing out loud here by myself. What a goon! This was more entertaining that Norman Gentle, but still not good.

Arianna Afsar – I think she’s ahead of the music to start the song…? She has good range, but I think she had too many runs in the song. The last note was a little painful though. She’s very likeable, but the performance was not good. I’m on the fence with her.

Ju’not Joyner – He changed up the arrangement and slowed it way down. I like his voice, but slowing it down gave him too much opportunity to slur and defame the lyrics. Overall I like Ju’not and I think he could be entertaining for a week or two. Let’s see what the rest of the night has to offer for competition.

Kristen McNamara – My girl from Nashville Star. She’s sassy and lovable. And she’s pretty seductive too. She controlled the song and the stage very well. So far she’s blowing the other women away tonight. Well, the men for what that’s worth too. Not a song with much range, but she delivered, so it’s hard to complain.

Nathaniel Marshall – He’s an annoying freak with no style. He’s crying out for attention with the way he dresses and acts. And what’s with the goofy as headbands and rubber bands he wears on his head? If the judges don’t give him hell about his look after they just lambasted Kristen, then something is wrong. The singing is just not contemporary. Picking a Meatloaf song just reinforces that fact.

Felisha Barton – What? She was cut but now she’s in the top 36. Who got bounced? I just googled it and she replaced Joanna Pacitti. I think Joanna was a hottie. That aside, Felisha did pretty good. She hits some great notes, but missed a few too. Then again she only had a few days to get ready.

*Apparently Joanna Pacitti was ruled ineligible because she has “very personal connections” to two executives for 19 Studios (Idol’s Studios).

Scott MacIntyre – I’m having a hard time deciphering if I like Scott because he’s blind or because he’s a good singer. When I close my eyes he’s not as good, but I still like his voice. I think if he has a chance to get back behind the piano he may shine even more. He finished this song very strongly and I’m a fan.

Kendall Beard – I think she looks way to young and immature to be singing this song. It looked like she had a lot of fun singing this song, but I’m not a fan. She did okay, but I can’t help but try and compare her to Carrie Underwood, who would blow her out of the water. She did just ok. Better than average tonight.

Jorge Nunez - He has the opportunity to be the best Latin representative American Idol has ever had and he picks Elton John to sing? I would’ve picked a Latin song, but then maybe that would be too cliché? Or maybe mix in a Latin verse into one of these songs? It would be creative and original. He’s got great pipes though. *I really hope this guy makes it through!

Lil Rounds – I didn’t like the song she picked, but she is really talented and I want her to move on. She’s got a really good chance to go far! Wow, Simon agreed with me.

Predictions: Lil Rounds (women), Scott McIntyre (men), Jorge Nunez (wildcard)

I think Kristen and Felisha need to go in the wild card. Women did well tonight compared to previous weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment