Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Round of 36: Group 2

Jasmine Murray - I expected much more. She was all over the place. Couldn't settle into her sweet spot. She might be in trouble.

Matt Giraud - Was he nervous as hell? His voice sounded like a goat singing. Not loving it at all. Back to the piano bars. Should've sung Billy Joel.

Jeanine Vailes - I don't remember seeing her on the show before. She's starting by over dancing. Wow! This is rough. No shot in hell of advancing!

*What's with a break after every singer?!

Norman Gentle / Nick Mitchell - Is this the next gen of Richard Simmons? I've yet to find him entertaining. They have other variety shows for this crap. Don't waste America's time. Maybe I'm in the minority...?

Allison Iraheta - Shes annoying. Never would guess she is 16! Don't like the voice while talking. I have yet to enjoy a female performance this week or last, until now. And only 2 male performances so far. What's with this "best season ever?!" She can definitely sing rock. I'm placing the over under at 2 packs of smokes a day. Impressive for 16. Shes the best so far tonight though.

Kris Allen - Another person that's been flying under the radar. Definitely started too low in his register. This seems more like a local talent show. They're all better than me, but that doesn't take much. The attempt at that last high note was closer to a squeal!

Megan Joy Corkrey - She's attractive in a weird way. Not a fan of the whole arm tat, but then again, maybe I am...? When she started I really liked her unique voice, but then it fell off and became very normal. Not enough energy and an awkward stage presence. The end got a little better again. Overall I liked it, but didn't blow me away.

Matt Breitzke - Cool voice, he doesn't sell it. The runs detracted from the song. And that white boy can't dance!

Jesse Langseth - Shes a hometown girl, but I'm not excited for her chances. Let's see... Shes scrunching her face up. Weird. What does she offer that's new and fresh? Nada! I could see her at the U Otter Stop Inn down in NE Mpls any Saturday night.

*Paula thought she was captivating? Have another drink, hun!

Kai Kalama - This guy is a good story. He's good, but is he original? I mean, other than the curly, center parted dread-fro?

Mishavonna Hensen - She promised not to let America down. Let's see if she can deliver! I don't think she's making any vocal mistakes. The problem is that the performance just isn't that exciting. Good job, but...

Adam Lambert - This is one of the most polished guys on the show. He's very entertaining, though sometimes a little corny and showy. Most definitely the best of the night.

My favorites to move on: Adam (men), Megan (women), Jasmine (wild card). I just hope Norman doesn't move on. Problem is that I think he will...

No comments:

Post a Comment